DEFENSIVE PISTOL CLASS / Private and Small Group Lessons
- Recommended for: Beginner Intermediate Advanced
- Prerequisites: Basic handgun safety and shooting skills
- Number of students: 1-4
- Class Length: 1 hr sessions, range. Many prefer to book 2-3 hours per training
- Location: We have 3 private ranges to choose from, all within 10 minutes of Waco.
- Date and Time: Choose from weekday evenings, Saturday or Sunday afternoon, or contact us
- Cost: 1-2 people in session - $100. Add your family and friends for just $25 hr per person!
- Range fees: $10 per student fee paid to range owner on class day
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER.....
Once you have developed some basic handgun skills, mastered gun safety rules, and perhaps even have your CHL/LTC, your next step toward responsible gun ownership and CONFIDENT concealed carry is to develop and practice your DEFENSIVE HANDGUN SKILLS.
THIS DEFENSIVE HANDGUN CLASS is private lessons for your defensive pistol gun training skills, an individual or small group on-the-range class in which you practice the skills needed to use a gun safely and confidently in a defensive situation.
You can train alone, or add family or a few friends for just $25 additional each (+ $10 range fees). With 3 or four, it makes for a very affordable 2-3 hour private session tailored to your group.
Certain things just cannot be learned in a classroom, or as part of a larger group. Individual training and practice are required to get better at anything requiring skills, like music lessons, karate lessons, or defensive pistol gun training skills.
Our award-winning instructors have extensive backgrounds training at national levels, and have achieved distinguished status as defensive shooters. They can help you develop your skills and knowledge to become proficient in defensive tactics and shooting.
During your first session or two we will be sure you are proficient at:
- Safe gun handling, and Safety rules
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Grip, stance, aiming, trigger control, follow-through
- Loading and unloading
- Target engagement from a variety of distances
- Clearing basic malfunctions
- Action drills
You will learn drills that you can safely practice at home with plastic replica guns. When you have mastered these come back for another DEFENSIVE HANDGUN session, and do the drills with the instructor at the range with live fire. As you develop confidence in your skills, you can progress through more advanced training like:
- The draw, holster skills, getting your pistol into action from concealment
- Rapid target acquisition
- Accurate shot placement, rapidly and under stress
- How to properly reload your pistol quickly
- Malfunction clearances when things go wrong with the pistol
- Use of cover and concealment
- Alternative shooting stances and methods
- Movement while and after shooting
- Shooting at multiple targets
- Engage targets at multiple distances
Think of your defensive gun training in the same context as music lessons. If you practice regularly, and meet with your teacher from time to time for another lesson, you will become very proficient, and have a lot of fun in the process!
If you would ever have to rely on your training, skills and weapon to defend your own life, or the life of a loved one, would you be ready? Things go wrong in a fight. Your adrenaline eats all of your coordination, mechanical things break at the worst possible moment, and bad guys do not do what you want them to.
Will you bet your life or the lives of your family on your defensive gun skills?
Ammunition: 100+ rounds for each hour of training
SIGN UP NOW!
Sessions are available on weekday evenings, Saturdays, or Sunday afternoons. Email us with your questions and contact info, and we will call you to schedule the best time for your training.
These sessions are always fun, and great for family or a small group of friends.
Select the total number of people you are including in your class, click the BUY NOW button, and you will be taken to the secure checkout page where you can select the number of hour sessions you would like.
After you complete your payment, you will receive an email receipt. Follow the instructions, and fill out the student registration information form on that page.
We have 3 locations and private ranges in the Waco area, and will contact you with the location and details for your class in a few days.
Training resources and helpful information are available for you here on our website. Explore our pages by visiting these links.....
Cen Tex Gun Training llc serves the Central Texas Waco region, providing Gun Training classes, private and small group gun instruction and lessons, Texas license to carry, LTC CCL, concealed carry and home defense fundamentals classes. Schedule a custom Waco gun class or private class tailored to your family and friends at a home or location of your choice. Contact us with your ideas, questions, or suggestions!
Like us and share with your friends!