Class preparation guide ⋅ Policies ⋅ Safety guidelines
What to Bring to Class, for all classes.....
- The signed paperwork you downloaded when you registered for the class.
- Driver's license. Notebook, pens and pencils.
- Eye protection, over-head ear muff style ear protection.
- Baseball cap or wide brimmed hat, closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops), long pants.
- Sunscreen. Lots of water. Lots of water. Did I say "Lots of water"?
- Bring all the drinks, lunch, food and snacks you will need for your class day. If your class spans the lunch hour, bring a sack lunch, we may not break long enough for you to leave the class area.
- You will need to have a safe, working firearm unloaded in a closed case for the range exercises, (will be inspected by the instructor). All ammunition must be in factory boxes, not loaded into any gun or magazines. Any gun deemed unsafe by the instructor will not be allowed. (A firearm can be provided for you, be sure to let us know.)
- Ammo: minimum 50 - 100 rounds of factory new boxed ammunition (minimum) for each hour training session. No reloads or bulk ammo may be used for our classes. It is a good idea to bring extra ammo to each class. (Federal Blazer brand ammo has been the most reliable for our students)
- Bring a towel to lay your equipment on at the range.
THE RANGE REQUIRES EACH STUDENT TO PAY A $10 FEE EACH TIME THEY USE THE FACILITY. DON'T FORGET TO BRING $10 CASH TO ALL RANGE SESSIONS TO PAY YOUR RANGE ENTRY FEE. Your range fee is separate from our class registration fee.
Here are some basic safe gun handling guidelines. We will provide VERY COMPLETE AND DETAILED safety information as part of any training. By registering for our training, all students agree to follow all range safety rules without exception.
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Always keep finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made a conscious decision to shoot
- Know your target, backstop and areas all around a shooting activity
- Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Always be sure of the load condition of any firearm you handle
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate (good working condition)
- Know how to safely handle any gun
you intend to use
- Use correct ammunition for your gun
- Use proper safety equipment (ear/eye protection)
- Always follow the range safety rules/instructions
No ammunition is EVER allowed in a classroom. Upon instructors request, or for range training only exercises, bring unloaded gun in a closed case from your locked vehicle to the range. Do not remove or handle gun until instructed to do so. Keep ammo packaged separately from your gun pouch or case/box.
Each class will have additional safety rules specific to the facility and the level of firearms training being conducted. In order to maintain a safe learning environment for all students, the rules will be strictly enforced, including removal of non-compliant students from the firing line or the facility itself. The instructor has the right and responsibility to remove any student that behaves in a manner that is determined to be unsafe, or a distraction to the other students. CenTex Gun Training llc reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Texas Handgun License To Carry Classes.....
It is required that all participants have a basic understanding of handgun fundamentals and marksmanship. There is no time to teach handgun skills in LTC classes due to The State of Texas required material that must be covered. Anyone unsure of their basic handgun skills should take our NEW SHOOTER-INTRO TO FIREARMS class or other range shooting class prior to the License To Carry Class. It is the sole responsibility of each individual to determine if they are legally ELIGIBLE to receive a Texas Concealed Handgun License. No refunds shall be issued after an individual has completed our LTC training courses and is determined to not be legally eligible to receive a Texas Handgun license to carry from the State of Texas.
For the advanced defensive handgun and tactical training lessons and classes only!
For a semi-automatic handgun, you will need two additional magazines with a belt pouch. Holster: A "strongside only" hip holster, with NO RETENTION DEVICES. (No Thigh Rigs. No Serpa Holster by Blackhawk, gun pouch, clip-on, shoulder, ankle, pocket, or cross-draw holster is allowed.) Belt: You will need a good quality stiff belt on which to hold the holster and speed loaders/magazines. Be sure to wear pants that have belt loops that the belt fits.
Our firearms training is open to any law abiding adult citizen of the United States that can legally purchase and/or use firearms under local, state and federal law. It is the sole responsibility of each individual to be sure they meet these requirements before signing up for gun training.
Minors are welcome to attend any course, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and are not allowed in range-shooting courses without pre-course evaluation by the course instructor. Intermediate and advanced level courses have additional requirements, and/or prior completion of fundamentals training courses.
CenTex Gun Training llc limits our class sizes to provide a high quality training experience for each of our students. In order to provide our services, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability, and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when a student fails to attend the class. Your registration fee payment reserves your place in our training schedule, and may be credited to a future training if you must cancel or change your training. All training requires a Non-Refundable pre-payment to reserve your seat in a class.
We understand that things happen in life and you may not be able to make your scheduled training. We encourage you to notify us as soon as possible so we can offer your slot to another student. We require that our students notify us of attendance changes at least 72 hours prior to their training via email contact with CenTex Gun Training llc.
- Student cancels via email contact with more than 72 hours notice prior to training = full credit for future training.
- Student cancels via email contact with 24 - 72 hours notice prior to training = half credit for future training.
- Student cancels less than 24 hours prior to training or is a no show for class = no credit will be issued, no refunds will be made.
- If a class is postponed by CenTex Gun Training llc, student will receive credit to reschedule and attend another class.
- Any credit applied to future training is valid for 90 days from the date of the original scheduled class.
- In the event of a last minute emergency (such as you being involved in an accident on the way to class), please contact us as soon as possible, so we can make the necessary changes for the class. We train rain or shine, hot or cold, so bad weather is not a valid emergency.
- CenTex Gun Training llc may have to reschedule a class or training due to facilities scheduling or other reasons. We will credit each student account and reschedule their class to the next available session.
Cen Tex Gun Training llc serves the Central Texas Waco region, providing Gun Training classes, private and small group gun instruction and lessons, Texas license to carry, LTC CCL, concealed carry and home defense fundamentals classes. Schedule a custom Waco gun class or private class tailored to your family and friends at a home or location of your choice. Contact us with your ideas, questions, or suggestions!